Sunday Message Summary, 30 May 2021
Any and every thing that GOD commands, comes from, and flows through love (1 Timothy 1:5), and it is to benefit us and to lead us to GOD. GOD doesn’t say nor do anything without love because GOD is love. As a result, the purpose of GOD for us is that everything we say and do should come from love. All the requirements of GOD are fulfilled in love (Galatians 5:14-15), love is the root and the genesis of our faith, and as such, there is no person who is genuinely born again who does not walk in love. Love is something that comes naturally to spiritual people, and Jesus is real to a believer who walks in love (John 14:21).
Christ is the love that has fulfilled all the righteous requirements of the law. Jesus came to fulfill what we could not fulfill, and in and through Christ GOD dealt with the sin problem once and forever. Jesus is the love of GOD extended towards mankind. If GOD has done so much, why would we not love others as Christ loved us? Since we are so loved by GOD, we also ought to love others in the self-same manner (1 John 4:9-11). GOD loves us so we can love one another, He manifested His love to us and saved us so that He could manifest His love through us to save others, and so we are saved to save others, loved to love others, and forgiven to forgive others. We therefore can only love and obey GOD in and through Jesus.
Love is imperative for us believers for the following reasons (among others):
1. Answer to prayer is predicated on love, and the guarantee to answered prayer is love (1 John 3:22-23).
2. Our fellowship with GOD, Jesus and one another is only possible through love, i.e., the only Christian fellowship is through the love of GOD (John 14:21 AMP).
3. The richest experience of God’s blessings, presence and power only comes through love (Ephesians 3:19 TPT). Our gifts without love are questionable, and the only authentic signs, wonders and miracles come through love.
4. Love is the power that binds us together perfectly with one another. Love is the seal of perfection (Colossians 3:14 NLT).
5. Love is the true measure of spiritual maturity (Colossians 3:14b TPT)
A church where the people do not love one another eventually implodes from the inside, and splits into divisions and factions. According to Jesus, the world will know a true disciple of Jesus by his or her love (John 13:34-35), and not because of power, signs, wonders and miracles. The true mark of godliness and discipleship is therefore love, so let’s focus on love.
The richest experience of God’s blessings, presence and power only comes through love.